- In Memoriam: Professor Donal P Hollywood MB, MRCPI, FFRRCSI, FRCR, MD, Ph.D., FTCD
The School of Medicine was saddened to hear of the death of Professor Donal Hollywood, one of the country's leading oncologists. Professor Hollywood died from cancer at the age of 53 on 10 May. Professor Donal Hollywood was the Marie Curie Professor of Clinical Oncology at Trinity College Dublin and the Head of the Academic Unit of Clinical and Molecular Oncology at the College. For Professor Hollywood's full obituary please read on
- Africia Rising New Paradigms of Development in Post 2015 Africia 24th May 2013 Davis Lecture Theatre, Arts Building TCD
- The National Centre for Arts and Health, Tallaght Hospital, and RUA RED announce the return of Through the Lens, Ireland’s only Arts and Health Film Festival.
- The Cancer Stemness Group at the Department of Histopathology is pleased to formally announce Professor Malcolm Alison visit to College, Friday, May 24th Stanley Quek Hall, Biomedical Sciences Institute, TCD at 3:30pm, to present a lecture on his stem cell research.
- Trinity Academic Gastroenterology Group (TAGG) is delighted to announce it will be holding the first ever Capsule Endoscopy Course in Ireland, in conjunction with Given Imaging, on the 7th June in Tallaght Hospital, Tallaght. See the attached form (280 kB) for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or TAGG@amnch.ie
- 4th Annual George Mullett Prize in Clinical Psychiatry Monday 10th June 2013 at 6pm in St. Patrick’s Hospital main lecture theatre RSVP to Siobhan at 2493607 or DOYLESI@tcd.ie
- Trinity College Hosts 2013 Irish Neurological Association Meeting
- World's First Annual Ovarian Cancer Day
- Trinity EngAGE Hosted University of Third Age (U3A) Open Forum
- Pfizer collaborates with Trinity College Dublin on Postgraduate Qualification in Healthcare Infection Management
- Trinity Health Kidney Centre Launched
- TCD Students Raise Over 14,000 Euro in 'Jailbreak' Event
- New Report on the Use of Health Care System by Older People in Ireland
- Provost Welcomes Singapore Students as Part of the Occupational Therapy Degree Programme
- Professor Alan Irvine, Trinity Dermatologist Awarded US Prestigious Award
- Dr. Clodagh Nolan of the Discipline of Occupational Therapy and Director of the Unilink Service has been appointed by the Minister for Health to the recently formed Occupational Therapy Registration Board.
- Provost Thanks the Emer Casey Foundation for Support for Ovarian Cancer Research in Trinity
- World Bank Vice President for Africa Speaks at Trinity
- Trinity Researchers Awarded President of Ireland Young Researcher Award (PIYRA)
- Trinity College researchers Professor Mark Little and Dr Patrick Walsh, were awarded the 2012 Science Foundation Ireland, President of Ireland Young Researcher Award (PIYRA) on Monday 14 January at a ceremony held at Áras an Uachtaráin.
- Irish Rugby Legends Raise €52,000 for Cancer Research at TCD
- New Report on Medication Use and Cost savings in the over 50s in Ireland
Research Update / Funding Opportunites /Application Deadlines
(For more information on School Research click here)
- School Research Update / Funding Opportunities / Application Deadlines - May 2013 Local Access Only (PDF 386kB)
- MMI Education & Training Annual Scientific Meeting 2013 recently took place in Dublin (14 March, Science Gallery, TCD). In that respect, please find a link to a news item on the MMI website reporting on the meeting: http://www.molecularmedicineireland.ie/show/item/1/1979