- NOURISH seminar on the Interactions of HIV, Nutrition and Poverty, to be held on the 3rd of November
- The Oliver Sears Gallery will host an exhibition called ‘Old Anatomy’, an exhibition of stone sculptures by Dublin based artist, Jason Ellis from 21st October 2016. Developing his understanding of human anatomy, Ellis was granted access to an extraordinary collection of plaster casts kept by the Discipline of Anatomy at the School of Medicine, Trinity College Dublin. Here, Ellis, has chosen to re-create a number of body and animal parts, internal and external, and turned them into ciphers for emotional and psychological expression. Ellis’ long history as a stone conservator gives him a deep understanding of the technical knowledge necessary to physically make objects from a variety of materials including limestone, marble, slate and sandstone. The exhibition runs until 1st December 2016 at the Oliver Sears Gallery at 29 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2.
- ICAT is an exciting new all Ireland clinician PhD programme funded by Wellcome and the Health Research Board, HSE-NDTP, HSC R&D Division, and six Universities, TCD, UCD, NUIG, QUB, RCSI and UCC. The programme is coordinated by Molecular Medicine Ireland.
Integrated with postgraduate medical training, ICAT will support 4 years of academic training at the beginning of higher specialist training (HST) or equivalent, with clinical and academic mentoring until completion of PhD and CCST/CCT.
ICAT now seeks to appoint the first cohort of 8 well qualified and ambitious medical graduates who aspire to become the next generation of clinical academic leaders. Go to: www.ICATprogramme.org for further details
- ICHAMS is a conference for undergraduate healthcare and medical students to present their research to peers and professors in their field. In addition to the high caliber of delegates and professors at the conference, there are numerous workshops which will be offered on a variety of topics. The conference will be held on the February 2017. For more details click here.
- The 2nd Annual Meeting in Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine - The Anterior Cruciate Ligament will take place on Friday 21st October 2016. We invite all interested sports medicine clinicians, physiotherapists, athletic trainers and translational researchers to attend. Click here for more information.
- The ADHD Tsunami? Global Perspectives, a one day international conference, will be held in University College Dublin, in the George Moore Auditorium, UCD O’Brien Centre for Science, on the 14 October 2016, 9am – 4.30pm. For more information on the event, please see the flyer. For payment and registration, please use the online payment centre.
New online application procedure for the School of Medicine Level 1 Ethics committee:
All application for the School of Medicine Research Ethics Level 1 Committee should now be made via the ethics online application system. Full details regarding how to make an application can be found here.
- ‘The Alert Program in Irish Post-Primary Schools: A NBSS National Study of a Teacher Facilitated Self-Regulation Programme’ by Dr. Siobhan Mac Cobb (Discipline of Occupational Therapy) reports on the value perceived by teachers and students on a programme that develops unique approaches for supporting better participation in mainstream schools by students with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. The Alert Program is the result of a collaboration between Dr. Mac Cobb and The Department of Education since 2009.